Trafficking in persons is a crime of a global nature that occurs in many countries of the world. Its purposes include sexual exploitation, serfdom or servile marriage, begging, forced labor and organ trafficking. However, the most common are sexual and labor abuse, unfortunate situations that bring together approximately 21 million victims, according to worldwide figures of the International Labor Organization in 2019.
Ending this reality is a task that requires hard work, international cooperation, research by national entities and, of course, the support of the population. Perhaps, at some point in your day while you were hearing about the news about trafficking in girls, boys, adolescents, women and men on television, radio, the Internet or newspapers, you asked yourself: How can trafficking in persons be avoided? The answer is not simple, since the networks dedicated to this illegal activity are too many, they move constantly and change their methods of recruitment. However, there are some practices that can help prevent more people from being caught, harmed and exploited.
It is normal to feel vulnerable to this problem, therefore, knowing the prevention guidelines to avoid being a victim of trafficking or to prevent someone else from being a victim is necessary.
• Verify job offers: Many cases of the crime of trafficking in persons have started with an offer of employment with great benefits in salary and benefits. Generally, the work is in a city or country different from that of the victim. The person making the offer is usually interested in your visa or accommodation process and even gets the money to ensure your travel. Before traveling, it is best to verify that the work proposals are true.
• Be informed about trafficking in persons: Being informed is a barrier to protection against this crime because you will know some of the ways of recruitment, you will be able to identify the signals that warn of deception, you will differentiate trafficking in human trafficking, you will be aware of the Situations that victims experience, the scenarios in which trafficking occurs most and how to act in case of being at risk or find someone who is. There are numerous international organizations that offer information on this, such as the International Organization for Migration, the UN Refugee Agency or the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime.
• Build a support network: When victims of human trafficking do not realize that they have been deceived and go to a new destination in the hands of traffickers, the reaction that must be followed is by those around them: their parents, relatives, friends, neighbors and acquaintances. What are the warning signs? Casual calls or total loss of contact, little communication about their life or work situation, lack of time to visit their city of origin or inability to receive their loved ones are some of them. Support networks are built through dialogue and knowledge of reality. If you do not have the opportunity to notify the authorities about your situation, your support network will do so.
• Use the Internet correctly: The digital world is one of the resources used by trafficking networks to contact their victims. Sometimes they only need personal information to capture girls, boys, adolescents and adults. For this reason, take care of the data you post on social networks, do not accept friend invitations from strangers, do not send suggestive or explicit photos, inform your family if you receive threats and report to the authorities when someone harasses you.
• Travel with caution: Travel with copies of your identity documents (ID or passport), whether you travel internationally, nationally or locally. Inquire previously what places you can visit or what numbers you can call if you are at risk.
• Complaint: Do not be afraid to report situations that seem unusual to you. The complaint is a fundamental step to eradicate trafficking in persons. If you are a victim, talk. This will help other people who are living this reality or who will. Also, as a victim, you will not be accused of any crime, you will be protected by law.
These six actions are essential to prevent sexual exploitation, forced labor, servitude and other purposes related to human trafficking. Start applying them in your life and share this initiative with your acquaintances. In this way, the support network will be extended. If you want to know more about it or report a case, contact us. The fight against this crime requires the effort of all.
As a girl who is, has or wants to be a stripper, at some point the great doubt of “How can I protect my privacy?” Have passed through her mind. “Could it be that I can tell you my name?” This topic is quite extensive and has many questions, but all lead to the same answer, which is a pseudonym, in addition to always being the first to speak, in this way you can avoid the uncomfortable questions of “what is your true name?”,”where do you reside?”
Either to avoid uncomfortable questions or to protect your safety, all the girls who have been in this work completely recommend the use of a pseudonym, because it not only protects you but also gives you an erotic, mysterious touch. Which is very indicated because it increases your monetary income in a rather incredible way, what do you expect to try it?
All you have to do is create a character. Your life will be much simpler, thanks to this. Always remember to maintain consistency so you should never remember who you told what. The stripper character that you think should be the most identical to your real life in terms of personality, but all the details should be modified to protect your privacy completely.
You will feel protected, because now you are selling the identity and the time of your character instead of yours, the client will be happy because he will feel that he is getting a special part of you that the others do not have. Do not feel bad, thinking that you are deceiving them, because it is not like that. Now you will have the doubt in your mind, why? Because they are also actresses as much as we are, so be sure to act well in order to protect your privacy.